Ubtan is a Hindi name for any kind of beauty mask/pack which can be made easily at home by some simple remedies. It is a mixture of sandalwood powder, haldi (turmeric), besan(Chickpea), milk & milk cream(skin of boiled milk), honey, etc, we can add more things as according to the treatment required. The all above ingredients are easily available at home. It is a natural herbal paste. We can apply this Ubtan on all over face and body. From the many years, Ubtan is a traditional Indian beauty composite using by women and it has been used especially by “Brides” they use Ubtan some months before marriage. some people use Ubtan as a cleanser also.
Benefits of Ubtan
- It gives skin an instant Glow
- It makes clear skin and smooth
- It tightens your skin and makes you look younger for long
- Removing Facial hairs
- Prevents acne and promote natural beauty care
- Gives you toned skin.
- Helps to cover wrinkles and tightens the skin.
- Best for people who are allergic to chemical beauty product products.
- If your skin is oily right Ubtans give great result in a short time without side effects
- Ubtans can be used for all the ages (10-60 years as recommend)
Here are a few DIY recipes for you…
- For Skin Smoothness:
To make this Ubtan at home you certainly need the following item in specified quantity to make quality Ubtan
* 2 tablespoon besan(chickpea)
* 1 tablespoon malai(skin of boiled milk-dry skin)
* 2 tablespoons rose water
* 2 tablespoons raw milk
* 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
* 2 tablespoon sandalwood powder
* 2 tablespoon honey(for dry skin)
While turmeric is a powerful anti-oxidants, rose petals have cooling, soothing and moisturizing properties that hydrate the skin leaving it feeling soft and supple. Sandalwood is known to be purifying while saffron evens out skin tone.
How to make and Apply:-
Mixing all the ingredient nicely if you are making the Ubtan at home and make a thick paste. Apply the pack on all over face (you can also apply it on the neck, hand, legs if you are looking for body care). Avoid applying Ubtan under eye area because it will shrink when it dry. let it dry for 10 minutes and make sure all your Ubtan on your face should get dry. Clean it nicely with filtered water. It can be used as a daily cleanser. You will see the excellent result just in two weeks.
This multiple purpose ayurvedic remedy can be used as a soap, scrub, and a face or body mask for clean, clear and glowing skin. Ubtans have also been used in Ayurvedic treatments to heal skin related diseases.
2. Oatmeal Ubtan for Skin Tightening…
Using this Ubtan regularly will give you a baby soft and smooth skin
- Raw rice
- Gram flour
- lemon Juice
Take a cup of powdered Gram Flour (Besan), a quarter cup powdered rice, few ground almonds. Now, mix these powders in a bowl and add about half a cup of oatmeal, a pinch of turmeric in it. Make a thick paste by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice and Rosewater. Apply it all over your body and let it dry for some time. Once the paste is dry, scrub it off gently and wash with normal water.
For Dry Skin Mix it with a little fresh cream and Milk to make a paste.
3. For Acne Scars and Pimple Marks
- Masoor dal powder
- Sandalwood powder
- Onion Juice
- Turmeric powder
- Lemon juice
- Neem powder
In a small bowl, Take half teaspoonful of sandalwood powder, a half teaspoonful of masoor dal powder and 2 pinches of turmeric powder. Squeeze half lemon’s juice. Add ¼ teaspoonful of neem powder. Soak few Kear strands in milk for some time . Make a thick paste of all these ingredients
The consistency of this facial ubtan should be slightly thick but to the extent that it gets spread nicely on the face. Apply a thick layer evenly on face and neck. Let it dry. Once the ubtan pack gets dried, moist your hand with water. Start rubbing this slowly in circular movements.Stay Gentle so as not to agitate the skin a lot.
Keep rubbing the pack so that it is removed completely then wash your face with clear water.
Follow with Toner and Moisturiser
- You should not keep Ubtan on the face more than 15-20 minute else it will stretch your face and will give itching.
- After Ubtan, you should apply some moisturizer to avoid dryness to your face
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients or else always do a patch test first.